*Will only ship from Monday to Wednesday due to hot weather! Use "FreeShipping!" for free shipping, $50 minimum., US only.

Candle Safety

Playing with fire is not a good idea. Everything you worked for can be destroyed in just seconds if you’re negligent of your belongings. Use this safety precaution for a safe burning of your candle: Trim the weick, keep an eye, open area, away from kids/pets, and free of debris.

Trim your wick 1/4 inch before each lighting of the candle. Why is trimming the wick important? Bigger wick means bigger flame. Sometimes, bigger isn’t better just like in candle. With a big flame, there’s a higher chance of catching something on fire and a black smoke. Keeping it trim will just avoid that. Plus, it’ll help slow the burning process of the wax.

ALWAYS keep candle in sight when in use. Keeping an eye on your candle is really important. You never know what kind of debris will come in contact with the flame. It could be an insect, a piece of lint, napkin, etc. You see, keeping the wick trimmed will go hand in hand with keeping an eye on the candle. As you read more towards the candle safety, you’ll learn why keeping an eye is really important.

NEVER burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire, such as: furniture, drapes, books, papers, and/or flammable materials. Where you place your candle is important, as well. Some of as place it on our night stand, living room table, dining table, etc. But do we notice what’s around the candle when we are placing it on the table? Do you have drapes around? furniture? papers lying around? You see, when you place a candle by the window in the living, window drapes can sway around the candle when the wind blow causing it to catch fire, especially if you have a long wick. Maybe you have your candle by a tissue box, a tissue can fly towards the candle when a gush of winds come inside the window or when someone is passing by. Knowing where you place your lit candle is important.

NEVER leave a burning candle unattended. Don’t light a candle then walk away or step out of the house. Extinguish the candle when leaving the room or before going to sleep. Always be around when you have your candle lit. Sometimes, when we leave the house, we tend to forget that we have a candle burning. You may have a pet inside the house and your pet might knock your candle over. It’s not safe.

NEVER burn a candle near open vents, ceiling fans and/or from drafts. Winds tend to blow stuff away. What are the chances that a paper or a napkin can fly towards the candle. It’s a safety hazard. Like I said earlier, a swaying drapes may catch on fire when there’s wind.

Candle, container and wax WILL get hot. Fire is hot. Container will get hot the longer the candle is lit. Keep the candle burning at a maximum of 4 hours. This prevents the container from exploding or cracking under the heat. When the candle is lit, don’t touch it or move it. Keep it untouched.

Keep it away from children and pets. Place it where children and pets can’t reach it. You don’t want your kids burning their hand or moving the candle or dropping the candle. It’s unsafe and it might start a fire.

Keep wax pool free from wick and other debris. What I mean by that is don’t put anything on the candle. It will catch fire.

So, how do you keep safe? Following these safety tips will help you burn your candle in a safe way: Trimming the wick 1/4 inch before lighting the candle, keeping burning candle in sight, not placing candle on or anything that can catch fire, not leaving burning candle unattended, burning candle in a well ventilated room, not burning candle in open vents or near drafts, keeping children and pets out of reach of the candle, not touching the candle jar while its burning and keeping candle free from any debri.s

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published